Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Stilings from Game 1

Yankees 9, Devil Rays 5
box score

I had a better re-cap written before my computer crashed just as I was about to hit 'post' - Oh well...

What an exciting game! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Everything the doomsayers told me was true. The bullpen is the Achilles heel, obviously. OR MAYBE the Yankees are that good, good enough to beat up a bullpen...

All in all, I am THRILLED with the amazing amount of talent and skill on the roster.

The youngest opening day lineup since tyhe 1983 Twins? Hmmm... what did they do four and eight years later?

All in all, I am thrilled to be a Devil Rays fan!

Elijah Dukes goes yard in his first official AB, and CRUSHED it...

Kazmir started out slow, which hurt him a bit and he was lucky to get out of the first inning only giving up two runs. He settled down and looked m uch like the league's best lefty not named Johann...

Carl Crawford was his usual electric stuff and Delmon young IS a total stud! Aki looks really good and the bats were productive.

Nice effort, they played hard, they ran balls out, they just didn't have enough gas in the arms in the 'pen. But we all knew this coming in...

OR MAYBE the pen isn't that bad, they're just horrible in comparison to the rest of the team. Either way, I'll listen to the suggestions to have the intestinal relieving potions readily available.

Well, they say you can't win 'em all if you don't win the first... so much for my 18-0, against the Yankees prediction!

Go Devil Rays!

No comments: